Volume I, Issue 1
Welcome to the first edition of the Change Log Newsletter!
Web hosting technology is constantly changing, and that means this website constantly needs to be updated, just to keep up-to-date. Since it can be difficult to know what has changed on a website of this magnitude, we will be providing periodic newsletters that include a log of what has changed on the website.
This is the first newsletter, which will include all the changes since we relaunched the website about two weeks ago.
If you want to know more about why we are publishing a regular change log newsletter, please read our article on:
Since this is a relaunch, we will be treating all the content as new content for this newsletter, although a large chunk of it existed on the previous version of the website.
New Website Features
When relaunching the website, we added a number of features to the website, including:
New Guide Pages
We created a number of "guide" pages that serve as launching points to various content. These pages typically include links to articles and videos related to a specific topic.
- Guides & Knowledge Base
- Web Hosting Guide
- Web Hosting Concepts
- Web Hosting Control Panels
- Domain Guide
- Building Your Website Guide
- Email Guide
- Web Hosting Guide
- Web Hosting Companies & Domain Registrars List
These are new articles that have been written or published since we relaunched the website.
Web Hosting Concepts
- What is Web Hosting?
- What are web servers? Why are they necessary?
- What is a Web Hosting Control Panel?
- What is diskspace / bandwidth?
- What is an IP address? Do I need a Dedicated IP?
- What is a MySQL database?
- What is an Uptime Guarantee?
- What is a Script Installation Utility?
- cPanel Getting Started Wizard
- Change cPanel Password
- Contact Information & Email Notifications in cPanel
- Changing the cPanel Style / Theme
- Change cPanel Language
- How to Create an Email Account in cPanel
- How to Forward Your Email to Another Address in cPanel
- How to Change an Email Password in cPanel
- How to Delete an Account in cPanel
- How to Change the Disk Quota for an Email Account in cPanel
- How to Set up a Default Address in cPanel
- How to Setup Email Archiving in cPanel
- How to Import Email Addresses and Forwarders in cPanel
- How to Access Webmail for an Email Account
- How to Use Webmail to Access the Main Email Account in cPanel
- How to Setup Email Filters in cPanel
- Mail Configuration Settings in cPanel
- How to Set Up an Auto-Responder in cPanel
- What are parked, addon domains and subdomains?
- How to Create an Addon Domain in cPanel
- How to Create a Subdomain in cPanel
- How to Park a Domain in cPanel (Domain Alias)
- How to Setup Domain Redirects in cPanel
- How to Backup Your Website in cPanel
- How to Create Custom Error Pages in cPanel
- How to Create a MySQL Database in cPanel
- How to Set Up a Cron Job (Scheduled Tasks) in cPanel
- How to Use the Index Manager in cPanel
- How to Enable Leech Protection in cPanel
- Can people find out where I live based on my domain registration information?
- Should I pay for private domain registration?
- What are domain names?
- Member Terms & Conditions
- Forum Rules
- Account Types & Disclosure Rules
New Provider Profiles
We started a list of web hosts and service providers. Here are some of the ones we added so far:
- Chili Pepper Web
- InMotion Hosting
- Just Host
- Web Hosting Coop
- Website Biz Pro
Video Only / Placeholders for Articles
To get the website filled out as much as possible, as quickly as possible, we created a number of video only pages using videos on YouTube. We intend on adding articles to all of these pages.
- Introduction to cPanel and WHM
- How to Setup Email Authentication in cPanel
- How to Use Webmail without Logging into cPanel First
- How to Setup Account Level Filtering in cPanel
- How to Setup User Level Filtering in cPanel
- How to View Mail Delivery Route in cPanel
- How to Add a Mailing List in cPanel
- How to Add MX Entries in cPanel
- How to Use the Simple DNS Zone Editor in cPanel
- How to Use the Backup Wizard in cPanel
- How to Use the SSL/TLS Manager in cPanel
- How to Use SSH to Login to cPanel
- How to Manage SSH Keys in cPanel
- How to Setup Hotlink Protection in cPanel
- How to Use FTP Session Control in cPanel
- How to Use the Ip Deny Manager in cPanel
- How to Add a GnuPG Key in cPanel
- How to Use Web Disk in cPanel
- How to Use the Legacy File Manager in cPanel
- Bluehost Control Panel
- How do I backup my website? (Bluehost Academy)
- How do I transfer my domain name to Bluehost?
- Installing WordPress using Bluehost's Simple Scripts
- Installing WordPress using HostGator's QuickInstall
Videos from YouTube that web believe you would benefit from. These videos may not may not have an accompanying article. We don't own these videos, and are used according to the YouTube Standard License and other licenses.
- How Websites Work (Bluehost Academy)
- Webinar on Spam (CPanel TV)
- cPanel/WHM Admin Essentials (cPanel TV)
- Migration Mastery: A Tell-All for Achieving Flawless Transfers (cPanel TV)
- Enkompass Technical Quickstart (cPanel TV)
- Enkompass Technical Quickstart (Part 1 of 5)
- Enkompass Technical Quickstart (Part 2 of 5)
- Enkompass Technical Quickstart (Part 3 of 5) - Installing SQL Server 2008
- Enkompass Technical Quickstart (Part 4 of 5) - Getting Started Wizard
- Enkompass Technical Quickstart (Part 5 of 5) - Server Administration Interface (SAI)
- Domains Explained (Bluehost Academy)
- WordPress Step-by-Step Videos
- What is an eCommerce Store (Bluehost Academy)
- Set Up Your Custom Domain in Office 365