cPanel can send notifications to users concerning exceeding disk, bandwidth or email quotas. These notifications are sent by the hosting control panel, and are separate from any settings you may have in your host's billing system.
You can turn on and off notifications, and set which email address receives notifications in cPanel.
This video shows how to change your contact information in modern themes like Basic, Retro and Paper Lantern. See below for directions on how to do it in the x3 theme.
Where to Change Your Contact Settings
Where you change your contact information will depend on which cPanel "style" or theme you are using.
In modern themes, such as Basic, Retro, Paper Lantern and similar themes, the link to change your contact information is located in the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
In x3 and themes based on x3, it will typically be located in the Preferences section (although some hosts may move the icon into another section).
How to Change Your Contact Settings
- Login to cPanel.
- Click on Update Contact Infomation in the Preferences section or Contact Information in the drop down menu (depending on which theme you are using).
- Enter the email addresses you wish to be contacted at.
- Check the boxes for each kind of notification you wish to receive.
- Disk Quota (running out of disk space).
- Bandwidth Usage Limit
- Email Account Quota (running out of storage space)
- Notifications that your email or password have been changed.
- Click on the Save button to save your preferences.